Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Date: April 15, 2014
Michael Baker International has announced a strategic reorganization, unveiling a new operations-centric structure based on office level business units supporting seven corporate regions. This reorganization will foster a greater depth of services to clients in all regions, repositioning Michael Baker International to offer expanded capabilities as the Company approaches its six-month milestone from the merger of IMS and Michael Baker Corporation. Since the October 2013 merger of Michael Baker International’s Engineering, Planning, Full Life-Cycle Support, Strategic Intelligence and Technology Companies, the firm has successfully positioned itself for significant growth and advancement in multiple markets, practices and geographies. This reorganization will further establish local leadership for national and international markets and expand worldwide practices in the Company’s targeted markets.
“This reorganization is a result of extensive review, market analysis, client demand and discussion with personnel at all levels of the Company identifying and highlighting opportunities for building a balanced business in each of our regions,” stated Kurt Bergman, Chief Executive Officer. “The new organization promotes empowered business leaders at the office and regional levels, supported by National Market and Practice Leads to build and manage well balanced portfolios reflective of the complete continuum of services provided by the Michael Baker International enterprise.”
The new Engineering and Design organization has been created to allow Michael Baker International to continue to focus on project delivery, client service and balanced business growth at local, regional, national and global levels. The new geographically based organization will be led by Regional Directors, National Market Leads, National Practice Leads and Office Executives who will work together to foster growth of the offices through advancement of the firm’s extensive portfolio of expertise in each region.
As a part of the reorganization, Michael Baker International has announced the following promotions to Regional Director:
- Mike Brescia, P.E., Senior Vice President, Northeast Region comprised of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- Jeff Campbell, P.E., Senior Vice President, Great Lakes Region comprised of Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and West Virginia.
- Scott Armstrong, P.E., Senior Vice President, Mid-Atlantic Region comprised of Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
- Bill Macon, Senior Vice President, Gulf Coast Region comprised of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.
- Jeff Baker, P.E., Senior Vice President, Mountain Region comprised of Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon and Washington.
- Rick Rubin, P.E., AICP, LEED AP, Senior Vice President, West Region comprised of Arizona, California, Hawaii, New Mexico, Nevada and Utah.
Michael Baker International professionals promoted to the position of National Market Leads to serve as chief strategists for national market development include:
- John Cawthorne, Vice President, Federal, U.S. Air Force
- Bob Schlesinger, P.E., LEED AP BD+C, Vice President, Federal, U.S. Navy
- Frank Terak, Vice President, Federal, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Dave Greenwood, P.E., D.WRE, Vice President, Federal, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Jeff Sparrow, P.E., CFM, Vice President, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Jim Twomey, P.E., Executive Vice President, Surface Transportation
- David Wilcock, P.E., Vice President, Railroad and Transit
- Mark Moore, P.E., Vice President, Oil and Gas
- Michael Rudinica, P.E., Senior Vice President, National Water
Promotions to National Practice Lead were also announced. These leaders serve as the subject matter experts and technical leaders for capabilities the firm plans to take forward nationally in each region, and into the International marketplace:
- John Dietrick, P.E., S.E., Vice President for Highways and Bridges
- Tom Zagorski, P.E., Vice President for Construction Services
- Bob Hanson, GISP, Vice President for GIT
- Anna Lantin, P.E., CPESC, CPSWQ, Vice President for Water Quality
- Susan Harden, AICP, LEED AP, CNU-A, CMSM, Vice President for Planning
- Cory Wilder, P.E., Vice President for Pipeline Engineering
- Paul McIlree, P.E., Vice President for Alternative Delivery
“In addition, 33 Office Executives have been named to provide unified local leadership and to be the business builders in the local markets for Michael Baker International,” stated Jeff Hill, Chief Operating Officer. “This new operations-centric structure will allow Michael Baker International to provide clients a broader range of services locally as our Market and Practice Leads work with our Regional Directors and Office Executives to expand the reach of our experts.”
The launch of Michael Baker International’s National and Global Expansion program is directly related to the high demand, growing need and opportunity for expanded engineering, planning, construction management, intelligence, technology and related services across the nation and the increasing need for these services internationally.
About Michael Baker International, LLC
Michael Baker International, LLC (Baker International), is a leading global provider of engineering and consulting services which includes planning, architectural, environmental, construction, program management, and full life cycle support services as well as information technology and communications services and solutions. Baker provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions in support of U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. With more than $1.3 billion in annual revenue, Baker International has more than 6,000 employees in over 90 offices located across the U.S. and internationally. To learn more about Michael Baker International visit: www.mbakerintl.com
Contact: Mark A. Miller