Selected as one of 22 Leaders From Over 25,000 Accomplished Alumni at Cal Poly, Pomona
Location: Irvine, CA
Date: March 19, 2014
Robert Kallenbaugh, P.E., Executive Vice President of Michael Baker International, LLC, was among the 22 outstanding engineers inducted into the California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, College of Engineering Hall of Fame on February 19, 2014. The inaugural installation ceremony was followed by a public unveiling on February 20, 2014.
“Cal Poly recognizes that Bob Kallenbaugh’s expertise, leadership and mentorship in the world of Civil Engineering has influenced the course of development and infrastructure across the nation,” indicated Kurt Bergman, CEO of Michael Baker International. “The work of Michael Baker International and legacy RBF has been on the leading edge in master planned development and infrastructure for over 70 years, and the demand for these services has been rapidly gaining international momentum.”
Baker International’s work with the development industry and in infrastructure for Planning, Engineering, Survey and Construction Management has resulted in highly successful signature projects for clients in all regions. Kallenbaugh led the firm to a #1 ranking in Master Planned Development by ENR California in 2013, one of the factors leading to the firm’s success and his selection for the Hall of Fame.
The following outstanding leaders in the field of Engineering were inducted into the Cal Poly Pomona College of Engineering Hall of Fame in February:
- Bob Kallenbaugh, P.E., Executive Vice President, Michael Baker International
- Ahmad Adel Al-Khatib, Founder & CEO, SIGMAnet Incorporated
- Daniel Man-Chung Cheng, Managing Director, Dunwell Enviro-Tech (Holdings) Limited;
- Martin J. Colombatto, Independent Consultant, Director of the Board, ClariPhy Communications, Luxtera Corporation & PLX Technology
- Richard A. Croxall, Vice President & Chief Engineer (Ret.), Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Nato Flores, President & Majority Owner, Tower General Contractors, Incorporated
- Lawrence M. Gates, President, DRC Engineering Incorporated
- Virginia Grebbien, President, Parsons Environment & Infrastructure
- Peter Hadinger, President, Inmarsat Incorporated
- Eddy W. Hartenstein, Publisher & CEO, The Los Angeles Times
- Darcel L. Hulse, President & CEO (Ret.), Sempra LNG; Brian Jaramillo, President, Tilden-Coil Constructors Incorporated
- Jack H. Kulp, President, TrafFix Devices Incorporated
- Lynne Lachenmyer, Senior Vice President, ExxonMobil Chemical Company;
- Rick Morrow, Senior Vice President, Gas Operations & System Integrity, Southern California Gas Co., San Diego Gas & Electric
- Dr. Cordelia Ontiveros, Associate Dean for Academic Programs & Student Services, Cal Poly Pomona, College of Engineering
- Rebecca Ritt Rhoads, President, Raytheon Global Business Services and Vice President & Chief Information Officer, Raytheon Company
- Joseph M. Rivera, Director, Gas Engineering, Southern California Gas Company; Gerry Salontai, President & CEO (Ret.), Kleinfelder Incorporated
- Mark A. Stevens, Senior Vice President, Corporate Risk, Fluor Corporation
- Thomas Vos, Vice President & General Manager (Ret.), Hewlett-Packard
- James R. Williamson, Vice President, Technology Standards (Ret.), Sony Electronics and Member of Iggy and The Stooges
Kallenbaugh, a 1974 Civil Engineering graduate of Cal Poly Pomona, currently serves on the Dean’s Leadership Board for the College of Engineering. He was honored by his alma mater in 2012 with a Distinguished Alumnus Award. Joining Cal Poly Pomona Dean, Dr. Mahyar Amouzegar, and members of the College of Engineering Board, Mr. Kallenbaugh has supported recent university initiatives, including; enhancement to the existing Environmental and Water Resources Laboratory; the development of new program modules to enhance leadership development and the delivery of additional training to students through the Center for Leadership; along with the establishment of a Distinguished Lectureship Series.
One of Cal Poly’s primary goals in initiating the Hall of Fame is to showcase distinguished engineers and their achievements to inspire future generations of engineers and enhance partnerships with industry and the community.
About Michael Baker International, LLC
Michael Baker International, LLC (Baker International), is a leading global provider of engineering and consulting services which includes planning, architectural, environmental, construction, program management, and full life cycle support services as well as information technology and communications services and solutions. Baker provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions in support of U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. With more than $1.3 billion in annual revenue, Baker International has more than 6,000 employees in over 90 offices located across the U.S. and internationally. To learn more about Michael Baker International visit: www.mbakerintl.com.
Contact: Mark A. Miller