Since 1987, Michael Baker International's Cost Management center of expertise has provided cost engineering services for projects across the United States and in more than 125 countries.
Michael Baker International’s Cost Management group provides cost engineering and cost management services to clients in the federal, state and private sector markets. Our certified and credentialed cost engineers and cost estimators routinely support the planning, design and construction of domestic and international construction and environmental projects for the Department of State, Department of Defense, civilian federal agencies, and state/local municipalities. Our team is highly proficient with current, customer-preferred software, including MII®, PACES®, P6®, Sage Estimating®, and SUCCESS®.
Our cost engineers and estimators are recognized by AACE International® and SAVE International® as Certified Cost Professionals (CCP), Certified Estimating Professionals (CEP), Earned Value Professionals (EVP), Planning and Scheduling Professionals (PSP), and/or Certified Value Specialists (CVS). Through Michael Baker’s global network, Cost Management has direct access to other highly credentialed and uniquely qualified subject matter experts to support even the most challenging projects.
We routinely partner with our clients on project planning and design to ensure that realistic budgets and schedules are in place prior to construction start. During the project, we assist with project controls, schedule updates and cost analysis, risk management/mitigation, and provide additional services as required by judicious owners and stakeholders. Our team of cost engineers, estimators, project managers and technical specialists are experts in project budgeting, scheduling and controlling.
- Budget & Schedule Validation
- Business Process Improvements
- Claims Management
- Earned Value Management
- Independent Cost Estimating
- O&M Budget Preparation
- Project Controls
- Project Management & PMO Support
- Project Scheduling
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Scope Development
- Value Engineering
- Architect of the Capitol, Tunnel Assessments, Washington, DC
- GSA Arthur J. Altmeyer Building, Woodlawn, Maryland
- Harry S. Truman Building Perimeter Upgrade, Washington, DC
- Jacksonville Regional Transportation Center, Jacksonville, Florida
- McMurdo Station Primary Operations Facility, Antarctica
- National Museum of African American History & Culture, Washington, DC
- NAVFAC Silver Strand Training Complex, Coronado, California
- NIST Radiation Building, Gaithersburg, Maryland
- NPS Franklin Park Renovation, Washington, DC
- Pentagon Reservation, Arlington, Virginia
- Portland VA Medical Center Emergency Department Building, Portland, Oregon
- U.S. Embassy, Multiple Locations
- USACE Aberdeen Public Health Command Lab, Aberdeen, Maryland
- USACE Blanchfield Army Community Hospital Renovation, Fort Campbell, Kentucky
- USACE East Campus Building 1, Fort Meade, Maryland
- USACE Intelligence Community Campus – Bethesda, Brookmont, Maryland
- York Creek Ecosystem Restoration, St. Helena, California