Our Response to the Coronavirus
Michael Baker International continues to monitor the rapidly evolving circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and is focused on safeguarding the health and safety of our employees while serving our partners and clients during this challenging period.
We have the technology and infrastructure in place to advance our projects and stay connected with our clients. We are fully operational, and our more than 3,000 employees have full capabilities to work from home effectively and efficiently, with access to secure VPN connections, necessary software and other resources.
To keep our employees safe and ensure that we meet our clients’ requirements during this time, we have taken several actions to do our part to stem the coronavirus, including:
- Halting all domestic and international air travel, as well as participation in large gatherings such as conferences and meetings
- Communicating the CDC’s guidelines for protecting oneself and family members and establishing a dedicated COVID-19 resource intranet site to keep employees abreast of the latest developments and resources
- Developing best practices and a procedural protocol to follow regarding cleaning and disinfecting our offices and fleet vehicles
- Implementing a cross-functional COVID-19 Task Force to identify and tackle potential challenges and mitigate potential issues or disruptions that could affect our employees, workplace, clients, operations and other areas
- Mandating self-quarantine protocol for Michael Baker employees who have returned from international travel, as well as self-quarantine protocol for employees with international travelers amongst their immediate family, for 14 days upon their return
- Encouraging employees to stay connected with colleagues and clients through enhanced virtual communications tools
- Updating our Company policy on working from home and published a dedicated Information Technology Resource Center on working from home, including technology resources and tips